Friday, April 3, 2009

Afghanistan: Outrage As New Law Allows Rape In Marriage | World News | Sky News

I heard this troubling news on NPR this morning as I was heading to base. I am not a big fan of the Afghan government. The fact that we and other countries are over there trying to get A-stan down with a 12 pack of freedom, this law is F******. Basically, "Karzai the Krackhead" is trying to appease some hardline mullahs before the elections jump off. So if I go over there in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (what an ironic title), I am basically condoning women to give up the yoni at the whim of their husband or others. Women have been so intrinsic in my development as a man. I have also beared witness to domestic violence wrought upon my two sisters at points in their lives and had been powerless to do
something about it. So if this law is in effect and rape becames "American as apple pie" in A-stan then basically, I am enforcing/protecting/spin doctoring/possibly dying in the defense of rapists-right? As one of my favorite R&B duos from Philly-Hall & Oates once said; "I can't go for that-no can do."


Afghanistan: Outrage As New Law Allows Rape In Marriage World News Sky News

No comments:

Post a Comment