Monday, February 9, 2009

WAR ANXIETY




"It's beena long time...sorry I kept you..." words from the great Rakim. Mundane army life since my last posting, has started to settle in with daily doses of (PT) Physical Training, occasional army videos to video/edit with direction from high command just as muddled and confusing as any given by civilian commercial clients(the only difference is the uniform) and what to do in Fayetteville -when not heading to Raleigh Durham or going to Walmart to shop for groceries. I did recently find a health food store and an indie theatre where I saw "Slumdog Millionaire." I recently learned Combat Lifesaving and learned how to administer battlefield first aid since medics they tell us, are in short supply. The war in Afghanistan(A-stan for short) got a bit closer when news of one of our sister public affairs units(ironically it was the same unit I was supposed to be assigned with but was switched out at last minute) is needing some "comforts of home"(supplies) since the coalition supply routes are currently under frequent attack by "foreign fighters." Everytime I look around there's another term coined to describe our latest adversary...Insurgents/Al Qaeda/Taliban/H**** what's in a name right? 2012 is my estimated date of separation from the Army and I wonder if the Mayan calendar will ring true and will Obama be up for a second term or will these wars in A & I be at some point of closure or will I even be alive? Interesting times...with moments of anxiety...what's next???

THEME SONGS: "WAR PIG"-Black Sabbath, "STRAIGHT TO HELL"-The Clash

No comments:

Post a Comment